E-Waste Drop-off & Accepted Items
Free and Convenient Electronics Recycling
M-F: 9am - 5 pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
What We Accept:
- All computers and laptops
- Computer monitors (CRT and LCD)
- Televisions, plasma/LCD TVs and rear-projection TVs
- Printers and Fax machines
- Video equipment including VCRs, DVD players, and projectors
- Audio equipment including stereo amplifiers and receivers, mixers, turntables
- Small kitchen appliances including toasters, blenders, etc.
- Wire and cables
- UPS backup power supply units
- Cell phones, telephones, telephone equipment
- Any computer related device, component, peripheral, or accessory
- Remote Controls
- Smartphones and tablets
- Laptop batteries and cell phone batteries
- VHS and other tapes or CD's
What We Do Not Accept:
- Alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Cardboard and/or Cardboard boxes!
- Commercial Copy machines/Large Copiers (We can accept this item for $35 each)
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers (We can accept this item for $35 each)
- Microwaves (We can accept this item for $5 each)
- Wooden speaker cabinets or other wooden structures
- Large household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, AC units, etc.
- Large containers or wooden boxes
- Metal/scrap metal
We only charge to accept:
- Commercial Copy machines/Large Copiers - $35 each
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers - $35 each
- Microwaves - $5 each
Please let us know that you are dropping off items when you arrive; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items; Dumping is not allowed at any time.
You can drop off your old, unwanted or surplus electronics at our warehouse anytime during normal business hours - six days a week. We accept all electronics and related items whether they are in working condition or not. We do not purchase used computers from individuals, however we may purchase large equipment lots from corporate sources and welcome the opportunity to bid on available material. For heavier equipment our staff will help you unload at our loading dock. Please let us know that you are dropping off items; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items.
There is never a charge to recycle the accepted electronic items listed above. We ask that you include all accessories such as power cords, remote controls and any documentation and/or original software and restore discs if possible. This will better allow these machines to be refurbished and returned to use. We aim to reuse as much equipment as possible. Items donated do not have to be in working condition.
We offer a hard drive destruction service for $10/drive which can be done quickly while you wait and witness. If you wish to have your data files saved to disk/external drive or transferred to a new machine we have a fully staffed service department to assist you; Fees apply and will vary depending on the amount of data. For businesses in need of data destruction on a larger scale we are fully equipped to wipe or destroy all types of hard drives from any office environment using effective industry standards. Please note this process is permanent and irreversible.
E-Waste Disposal: Where it goes
Older electronic equipment not capable of reuse will be properly recycled either in our facility or transferred to a State approved recycler for proper disposal in accordance with current environmental law and industry standards. Items and equipment brought to our facility will never be processed overseas or end up in a landfill.
Renew Computers Inc. 446 DuBois Street, San Rafael, CA 415-457-8801