446 DuBois St
San Rafael, CA
E-Waste Drop-off & Accepted Items
Free and Convenient Electronics Recycling
M-F: 9am - 5 pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
What We Accept:
- All computers and laptops
- Computer monitors (CRT and LCD)
- Televisions, plasma/LCD TVs and rear-projection TVs
- Printers and Fax machines (We can accept this item for $5 ea)
- Video equipment including VCRs, DVD players, and projectors
- Audio equipment including stereo amplifiers and receivers, mixers, turntables
- Small kitchen appliances including toasters, blenders, etc.
- Wire and cables
- UPS backup power supply units
- Cell phones, telephones, telephone equipment
- Any computer related device, component, peripheral, or accessory
- Remote Controls
- Smartphones and tablets
- Cameras/Camcorders, etc
- Laptop batteries and cell phone batteries
- VHS, CD's, cassette tapes and any other tapes
- Microwaves (We can accept this item for $5 ea)
- Commercial Copy machines/Large Copiers (We can accept this item for $35 ea)
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers (We can accept this item for $35 ea)
What We Do Not Accept:
- Alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Cardboard and/or Cardboard boxes
- Wooden speaker cabinets or other wooden structures
- Large household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, AC units, etc.
- Large containers or wooden boxes
- Metal/scrap metal
We only charge to accept:
- Printers and Fax machines - $5 ea
- Microwaves - $5 ea
- Commercial Copy machines/Large Copiers - $35 ea
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers - $35 ea
Dumping is not allowed at any time. Please let us know that you are dropping off items when you arrive; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items. Dumping is illegal and is not taken lightly by the state of CA; Dumping on our property before/after our hours of operation is not allowed.
Free and Convenient:
You can drop off your old, unwanted or surplus electronics at our warehouse anytime during normal business hours - six days a week. We accept all electronics and related items whether they are in working condition or not. For heavier equipment our staff can help you unload at our loading dock. We now charge $5 ea to accept any Printer, Microwave or Fax Machine; Everything else we accept is Free. We do not purchase used computers from individuals, however we may purchase large equipment lots from corporate sources and welcome the opportunity to bid on available material.
For companies with very large loads of pure ewaste (broken/scrap) please call for a quote/pricing or if you have a question about this. A 'very large load' is three or more pallet's of ewaste. We only charge companies for these loads, on a small $/Lb basis plus pick-up fees if needed. We do not charge local schools for pick ups or recycling.
We offer a hard drive destruction service for $10/drive which can be done quickly while you wait and witness. If you wish to have your data files saved to disk/external drive or transferred to a new machine please ask inside at our service department. For businesses in need of data destruction on a larger scale we are fully equipped to wipe or destroy all types of hard drives and/or devices using effective industry standards.
E-Waste Disposal: Where it goes
Older electronic equipment not capable of reuse will be properly recycled either in our facility or transferred to a State approved recycler for proper disposal in accordance with current environmental law and industry standards. Items and equipment brought to our facility will never be processed overseas or end up in a landfill.
Renew Computers Inc. 446 DuBois Street, San Rafael, CA 415-457-8801