446 DuBois St
San Rafael, CA
E-Waste Drop-off & Accepted Items
Convenient Electronics Recycling
M-F: 9am - 5 pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
You must hand items directly to a Renew Employee; dumping or just leaving items anytime is not allowed. We can help unload heavy items as well.
What We Accept for Free:
- All Computers and Laptops
- Computer Monitors (CRT and LCD)
- CRT old-style heavy TV's (No Broken CRTs when glass is broken)
- Plasma/LCD/LED TVs and rear-projection TVs (We don't accept the original boxing/packaging)
- Video equipment including VCRs, DVD players, and projectors
- Audio equipment including stereo amplifiers and receivers, mixers, turntables
- All Speakers and Subwoofers
- Small kitchen appliances including toasters, blenders, etc.
- Lamps (no bulb)
- Wire and cables
- UPS backup power supply units
- Cell phones, telephones, telephone equipment
- Any computer related device, component, peripheral, or accessory
- Remote Controls
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Cameras/Camcorders, etc
- Laptop batteries and cell phone batteries
- CD's, cassette tapes and any other tapes
- VHS tapes LIMIT 100/week
- Christmas Lights
- Household paper shredders (no paper)
- Ink/Toner Cartridges ONLY if sealed/not leaking toner dust
Please remember to remove any linked accounts on your devices like Apple ID, etc before recycling/donating.
What We Do Not Accept:
- Alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Original boxing/packaging for flatscreen TVs
- Cardboard and/or Cardboard boxes (toner ink in original box OK, only exception)
- Packing Material
- Paper or misc. trash
- Large wooden speaker cabinets or other wooden structures
- Arcade Machines, Information Kiosks, or any man-sized piece of equipment
- Server Racks
- All Mini-fridges/Refrigerators
- Wine Coolers
- Solar Panels of any kind
- Large household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, industrial AC units, etc.
- Large containers or wooden boxes
- Metal/scrap metal
- Lawn Mowers, gas or electric
- Satellite dishes
- AC units
- Toner Cartridges that have been punctured or leaking toner dust
- Credit Card terminals, must be returned to bank/manufacturer
Items with Fees; We Only Charge to accept:
- Printers and Fax machines - $5 ea
- Microwaves - $5 ea
- Vacuums, (large, shop vacs) - $10 ea
- Office Water Coolers - $10 ea
- Commercial Copy Machines/Large Copiers/Office-Floor Copiers - $100 ea
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers - $100ea
*Additional Fees may apply for unusual items or unusually heavy items.
For companies and organizations with very large loads please call for a quote and pricing; a 'very large load' is two or more pallet's of ewaste.
Dumping is not allowed at any time. Please let us know that you are dropping off items when you arrive; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items. Dumping is illegal and is not taken lightly by the state of CA; Dumping on our property before/during/after our hours of operation is not allowed.
We offer a hard-drive/device destruction service for $10/drive/device ($25 for Apple iMacs) which can be done quickly while you wait and witness. If you wish to have your data files saved to disk/external drive or transferred to a new machine please ask inside at our service department. For businesses in need of data destruction on a larger scale please call for a quote.
Renew Computers Inc. 446 DuBois Street, San Rafael, CA 415-457-8801