446 DuBois St
San Rafael, CA
E-Waste Drop-off & Accepted Items
Convenient Electronics Recycling
M-F: 9am - 5 pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
You must hand items directly to a Renew Employee; dumping or just leaving items anytime is not allowed. We can help unload heavy items as well.
What We Accept for Free:
- All Computers and Laptops
- Computer Monitors (CRT and LCD)
- Televisions, Plasma/LCD TVs and rear-projection TVs
- Video equipment including VCRs, DVD players, and projectors
- Audio equipment including stereo amplifiers and receivers, mixers, turntables
- Small kitchen appliances including toasters, blenders, etc.
- Wire and cables
- UPS backup power supply units
- Cell phones, telephones, telephone equipment
- Any computer related device, component, peripheral, or accessory
- Remote Controls
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Cameras/Camcorders, etc
- Laptop batteries and cell phone batteries
- CD's, cassette tapes and any other tapes
- VHS tapes no more than 100/week
What We Do Not Accept:
- Alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Cardboard and/or Cardboard boxes
- Packing Material
- Paper or misc. trash
- Wooden speaker cabinets or other wooden structures
- All mini-fridges
- Large household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, industrial AC units, etc.
- Large containers or wooden boxes
- Metal/scrap metal
We only charge to accept:
- Printers and Fax machines - $5 ea
- Microwaves - $5 ea
- Vacuums, (large, shop vacs) - $5ea
- AC Units indoor - $10 ea
- Office Water Coolers - $10 ea
- Commercial Copy Machines/Large Copiers/Office-Floor Copiers - $100 ea
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers - $35 ea
For companies and organizations with very large loads please call for a quote/pricing; a 'very large load' is three or more pallet's of ewaste. We do not charge local schools for pick-ups or recycling.
Dumping is not allowed at any time. Please let us know that you are dropping off items when you arrive; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items. Dumping is illegal and is not taken lightly by the state of CA; Dumping on our property before/after our hours of operation is not allowed.
We offer a hard-drive/device destruction service for $10/drive/device which can be done quickly while you wait and witness. If you wish to have your data files saved to disk/external drive or transferred to a new machine please ask inside at our service department. For businesses in need of data destruction on a larger scale please call for a quote.
Renew Computers Inc. 446 DuBois Street, San Rafael, CA 415-457-8801