446 DuBois St
San Rafael, CA
E-Waste Drop-off & Accepted Items
Convenient Electronics Recycling
A Renew Employee must receive your items; dumping or just leaving items anytime is not allowed. We can help you unload heavy items please ask any member of our team.
We do not accept cardboard boxes or plastic bags. Please empty items in the many bins we have outfront. We can no longer accept any original packaging for any item.
What We Accept for Free:
- All Computers and Laptops
- iMacs (We do not accept the original packaging/box)
- Computer Monitors (CRT and LCD)
- CRT old-style heavy TV's (No Broken CRTs when glass is broken)
- Plasma/LCD/LED TVs and rear-projection TVs (We do Not accept the original boxing/packaging, No wall mounts)
- Video equipment including VCRs, DVD players, and projectors
- Audio equipment including stereo amplifiers and receivers, mixers, turntables
- All Speakers and Subwoofers
- Small kitchen appliances including toasters, blenders, etc.
- Lamps (no bulb)
- Wire and cables
- UPS backup power supply units
- Cell phones, telephones, telephone equipment
- Any computer related device, component, peripheral, or accessory
- Remote Controls
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Cameras/Camcorders, etc
- Laptop batteries and cell phone batteries
- CD's, cassette tapes and any other tapes
- VHS tapes LIMIT 100/week
- Christmas Lights
- Household paper shredders (no paper)
- Ink/Toner Cartridges ONLY if sealed/not leaking toner dust
Please remember to remove any linked accounts on your devices like Apple ID, etc before recycling/donating.
What We Do Not Accept:
- Alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Original boxing/packaging for flatscreen TVs
- Cardboard and/or Cardboard boxes (toner ink in original box OK, only exception)
- Packing Material
- Paper or misc. trash
- Large wooden speaker cabinets or other wooden structures
- Arcade Machines, Information Kiosks, or any man-sized piece of equipment
- Server Racks
- TV Wall Mounts
- All Mini-fridges/Refrigerators
- Wine Coolers
- Solar Panels of any kind
- Large household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, industrial AC units, etc.
- Large containers or wooden boxes
- Metal/scrap metal
- Lawn Mowers, gas or electric
- Satellite dishes
- Smoke detectors
- AC units
- Toner Cartridges that have been punctured or leaking toner dust
- Credit Card terminals, must be returned to bank/manufacturer
Items with Fees; We Only Charge to accept:
- Printers and Fax machines - $5 ea
- Microwaves - $5 ea
- Vacuums, (large, shop vacs) - $10 ea
- Office Water Coolers - $10 ea
- Commercial Copy Machines/Large Copiers/Office-Floor Copiers - $100 ea
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers - $100ea
*Additional Fees may apply for unusual items or unusually heavy items.
For companies and organizations with very large loads please call for a quote and pricing; a 'very large load' is two or more pallet's of ewaste. We charge a rate of $100/pallet at two or more.
Dumping is not allowed at any time. Please let us know that you are dropping off items when you arrive; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items. Dumping is illegal and is not taken lightly by the state of CA; Dumping on our property before/during/after our hours of operation is not allowed.
We offer a hard-drive/device destruction service for $10/drive/device ($25 for Apple iMacs) which can be done quickly while you wait and witness. If you wish to have your data files saved to disk/external drive or transferred to a new machine please ask inside at our service department. For businesses in need of data destruction on a larger scale or if you need a Certificate of Destruction please call for a quote.
Renew Computers Inc. 446 DuBois Street, San Rafael, CA 415-457-8801