446 DuBois St
San Rafael, CA
E-Waste Drop-off & Accepted Items
Convenient Electronics Recycling
We are closed for ewaste drop off until further notice. We are not accepting any items at this time. Our downstream recycler has suspended their operations temporarily.
M-F: 9am - 5 pm
Sat: 10am - 3pm
You must hand items directly to a Renew Employee; dumping or just leaving items anytime is not allowed. We can help unload heavy items as well.
What We Accept for Free:
- All Computers and Laptops
- Computer Monitors (CRT and LCD)
- CRT old-style heavy TV's (No Broken CRTs when glass is broken)
- Plasma/LCD/LED TVs and rear-projection TVs
- Video equipment including VCRs, DVD players, and projectors
- Audio equipment including stereo amplifiers and receivers, mixers, turntables
- All Speakers and Subwoofers
- Small kitchen appliances including toasters, blenders, etc.
- Wire and cables
- UPS backup power supply units
- Cell phones, telephones, telephone equipment
- Any computer related device, component, peripheral, or accessory
- Remote Controls
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Cameras/Camcorders, etc
- Laptop batteries and cell phone batteries
- CD's, cassette tapes and any other tapes
- VHS tapes, no limit we want VHS!!
- Christmas Lights
- Ink/Toner Cartridges ONLY if sealed/not leaking toner dust
What We Do Not Accept:
- Alkaline batteries (AA, AAA, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Cardboard and/or Cardboard boxes (toner ink in original box OK, only exception)
- Packing Material
- Paper or misc. trash
- Large wooden speaker cabinets or other wooden structures
- All Mini-fridges/Refrigerators
- Wine Coolers
- Solar Panels of any kind
- Large household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, industrial AC units, etc.
- Large containers or wooden boxes
- Metal/scrap metal
- Toner Cartridges that have been punctured or leaking toner dust
We Only Charge to accept:
- Printers and Fax machines - $5 ea
- Microwaves - $5 ea
- Vacuums, (large, shop vacs) - $10 ea
- AC Units indoor - $10 ea
- Office Water Coolers - $10 ea
- Commercial Copy Machines/Large Copiers/Office-Floor Copiers - $100 ea
- Large Architect/Plotter Printers - $35 ea, $100 if over 4ft in length
*Additional Fees may apply for unusual items or unusually heavy items.
For companies and organizations with very large loads please call for a quote and pricing; a 'very large load' is two or more pallet's of ewaste.
Dumping is not allowed at any time. Please let us know that you are dropping off items when you arrive; a Renew staff member must know and receive your items. Dumping is illegal and is not taken lightly by the state of CA; Dumping on our property before/after our hours of operation is not allowed.
We offer a hard-drive/device destruction service for $10/drive/device which can be done quickly while you wait and witness. If you wish to have your data files saved to disk/external drive or transferred to a new machine please ask inside at our service department. For businesses in need of data destruction on a larger scale please call for a quote.
Renew Computers Inc. 446 DuBois Street, San Rafael, CA 415-457-8801